Allstaria Steel is a leading supplier of galvanised steel sheet & coil. Galvanization is the process of applying a protective zinc coating to steel or iron in order to prevent premature rust and corrosion. Proponents of galvanized steel, who may use it to construct or repair steel structures, for example, benefit from lower maintenance and repair costs because of its special properties.
Without protection, steel will rust due to atmospheric conditions over time. The degree of rust will depend on the environment that the product is in. Rust is an iron oxide (typically a red oxide) which is formed by the reduction and oxidation reaction of iron and oxygen, in the presence of water or air moisture.
The primary advantages for using Galvanized are:
- Lower cost than stainless.
- Less maintenance/Lowest long term cost.
- Long life expectancy.
- Coating life and performance are reliable.
- Outstanding resistance to mechanical damage.
- Protection to small areas of steel exposed through damage.
- No other coating can provide the same protection.
- No lost time in surface preparation, painting and inspection.
Allstaria steel supplies and distributes the following:
Australian and New Zealand Standard: AS/NZS 1365;AS/NZS 1397:2010
Specification: G1~G3, G250~G550
Base Steel Thickness: 0.18~4.5mm
Width: 20mm~1550mm Length: Up to 12,000mm
Coating Mass: Z100~Z600
Surface Finish: Regular Spangle/Minimised Spangle/Zero Spangle
Surface Treatment: Chromating treatment, Oiled or Resin Coated (Anti-Fingerprint)
Feel free to contact our team anytime.